× Members

WCA Assessments News and awaiting Supersession

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117753 by bettinapizer
Hi,
I applied for a Supersession as my condition deteriorated back in October 2013. I had exhausted my 365 days and my payments stopped at end of Sept 2013 as I did not pass the Means Test due to having a share in a property left to the family by my late mother. This counts as assets in excess of the £16,000 which mean I cannot get any payment although clearly it is not available to me as income or cash and I cannot force it to be sold etc. I have been left in complete limbo with nothing to live on since last september and am in a dreadful state. I have been forced into default and debt and am unable to pay even council tax or essential bills. I am a lone parent with a 14 year old child and it is having a massive impact on her life too particularly her education as I am so depressed and stressed I cannot support her properly and we have been through this winter with no heating. My mother passed away in November and I dont believe things can get any worse. My question is this:- Despite supplying evidence from my GP of a severe worsening of my condition back in October and asking to be considered for the support group and returning the ESA50 , I have heard nothing about when ATOS will invite me for a WCA. My MP has written on my behalf to the DWP who continue to say that they have processed it and that the delay is with ATOS. Given the latest news about WCA assessments and ATOS effectively not communicating I wonder how much longer I will be left penniless and struggling. Do you know what impact this news has for people like me ie. waiting for a supersession WCA? Thanks. B
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117756 by Gordon
beepeez

I am afraid there is little that you can do with regard to the ESA Assessment, the DWP are clearly washing their hands of the problem even though they have legal ownership of it, our only suggestion is to contact your MP which you have already done, other than keeping them updated and the effect it is having on you, there is nothing else you can do.

In regard to the house you mention in your post, I would get face to face advice from a trained advisor, if you do not have sole ownership then I would have expected it be disregarded as my understanding is that an asset must be disposable to be counted, of course I could be wrong about this as it is not really an area we advise upon.

In the assumption that you do eventually get assessed and you are placed in the Support Group, then you may be able to make a claim for any additional expenses you have incurred due to the delay.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117762 by bettinapizer
Replied by bettinapizer on topic WCA Assessments News and awaiting Supersession
Thank you Gordon. I wondered whether those of us waiting for a supersession WCA will be left for another 2 years as the news article suggests or are we a separate case ?
Thanks B

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117767 by Gordon

beepeez wrote: Thank you Gordon. I wondered whether those of us waiting for a supersession WCA will be left for another 2 years as the news article suggests or are we a separate case ?
Thanks B

Any delay, and it is not confirmed that it is two year for everyone, only affects claimants who are not already being assessed, claimants who have already received an ESA50 as part of a re-assessment, report a Change of Circumstances (you), or make a new claim will still be assessed as normal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: joanleblond, bettinapizer

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.