× Members

PIP confused

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117797 by sha1971
PIP confused was created by sha1971
my dla award runs out jan 2015 , what do I do , do I claim pip or will dwp send me a claim form automatically ?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117798 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP confused

adrian mole wrote: my dla award runs out jan 2015 , what do I do , do I claim pip or will dwp send me a claim form automatically ?

About 20 weeks before your DLA claim is supposed to end, you will receive an invitation to claim PIP, you then have four weeks to start a new PIP claim, if you do not start a claim within the four weeks then your DLA will be suspended and you will be given a further four weeks to start a claim for PIP, if you still do not do so then your DLA claim will be terminated from the date it was suspended. This is not an appealable Decision.

If you do start a claim for PIP you will then be sent the PIP form to explain your care and mobility needs, you have four weeks to send the form back unless the period is extended by the DWP.

You will then be assessed, this will likely involve a face to face assessment and a Decision will be made on your claim. Your DLA will remain in payment, even if this exceeds the current end date, until four weeks after the Decision on your PIP claim is made after which your DLA claim will be terminated and hopefully replaced by a PIP one. The Decision to terminate your DLA is not appealable but any Decision as to PIP will be.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sha1971

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.