× Members

ESA review with ATOS

• panther50
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117814 by panther50
ESA review with ATOS was created by panther50
Hi I'm on contributions based ESA and only receiving NI credits now. I have a chronic long term health condition and suffer from depression and anxiety. My condition hasn't changed. My case came up for review (form sent to me 24th Dec 2013). I returned the form to ATOS with a supporting letter from my GP almost identical to the one I sent last year.
I've seen from your site this week that all ATOS ESA review WCAs are cancelled from 20th Jan. (My form was returned for 24th Jan). although they aren't telling claimants.
I spoke to DWP last week who said my case was "under sanction" and that she'd asked for me to be fast tracked?!!!
Any idea where this leaves me, will I get a WCA? What does under sanction mean? Does the fact its with ATOS mean I'm in the 3 month minimum queue?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117815 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA review with ATOS

panther50 wrote: Hi I'm on contributions based ESA and only receiving NI credits now. I have a chronic long term health condition and suffer from depression and anxiety. My condition hasn't changed. My case came up for review (form sent to me 24th Dec 2013). I returned the form to ATOS with a supporting letter from my GP almost identical to the one I sent last year.
I've seen from your site this week that all ATOS ESA review WCAs are cancelled from 20th Jan. (My form was returned for 24th Jan). although they aren't telling claimants.
I spoke to DWP last week who said my case was "under sanction" and that she'd asked for me to be fast tracked?!!!
Any idea where this leaves me, will I get a WCA? What does under sanction mean? Does the fact its with ATOS mean I'm in the 3 month minimum queue?

See the following

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...=10&id=100618#117770

I am afraid I have never heard the phrase "under sanction" used in context to a claim being re-assessed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• panther50
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago #117820 by panther50
Replied by panther50 on topic ESA review with ATOS
Sorry Gordon that'd was my lupus brain not working properly!! :S I meant to say "under scrutiny" (I've just been watching some of the Welfare Reforms debate- got santions on my mind)

More
10 years 2 months ago #117822 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA review with ATOS

panther50 wrote: Sorry Gordon that'd was my lupus brain not working properly!! :S I meant to say "under scrutiny" (I've just been watching some of the Welfare Reforms debate- got santions on my mind)

Scrutiny is simply the term used for reviewing the claimants ESA50 and any attached evidence, it is possible for a recommendation to be made as a result of this scrutiny, otherwise a face to face assessment is required.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• panther50
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago #117827 by panther50
Replied by panther50 on topic ESA review with ATOS
Thanks -. Sorry I didn't see -Topic: Effects of suspended WCAs before posting- that does make it very clear. Shame my ESA50 was just issued before xmas- looks like I may be stuck in the system. :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.