× Members

Still to migrate from SDA to ESA?

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117824 by Kazscott
Still to migrate from SDA to ESA? was created by Kazscott
Hi,
Just wondered if anyone else is in the same position as me.
I have been in receipt of SDA for many years and thought that I would have been contacted by the DWP by now to attend a WCA.
I've spent the past few years dreading the brown envelope arriving but now I just want to get it over and done with.
Anyone else experiencing the same and does anyone know when migrations will be finished.

Thanks! :)
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #117826 by
Replied by on topic Still to migrate from SDA to ESA?

Kazscott wrote: Hi,
Just wondered if anyone else is in the same position as me.
I have been in receipt of SDA for many years and thought that I would have been contacted by the DWP by now to attend a WCA.
I've spent the past few years dreading the brown envelope arriving but now I just want to get it over and done with.
Anyone else experiencing the same and does anyone know when migrations will be finished.

Thanks! :)

Hi K,

When the migration process from IB, IS and SDA began in March 2011, it was stated that all of the above recipients would be migrated over to ESA by April 2014.

It looks very much that The DWP will not achieve that deadline.

It was also stated that SDA recipients would be transferred over last.

See : When will I be transferred? from our : IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

We have only been made aware of little more than a handful of our members who are in receipt of SDA, that have been transferred to ESA thus far.

bro58

More
10 years 1 month ago #117955 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic Still to migrate from SDA to ESA?
Hello Kazscott,

I’m sorry not to have replied to your post last week but I typed beyond capacity, leaving my hands useless. Like you, I’m an SDA claimant still waiting for the initial letter from the DWP that precedes the ESA 50 from ATOS. I’ve been dreading that brown envelope since the change was announced by in 2010. I thought the moment had come on Saturday when the letter announcing 2014-15 SDA rates was delivered.

It’s been a long wait during which time my progressive condition has worsened. That’s to be expected but the massive impact on my mental health is more worrying- to me and those who know me. I know I shall be very distressed when I receive notice of migration, be it today or months down the line as a result of the backlog. Whatever happens first time around I look ahead to the day when I can no longer manage paperwork and wonder what will happen to me.

As far as I know, SDA differed from IB and IS in that a specific degree of disability was required to qualify. Perhaps we will be treated with greater caution. Wishful thinking, I suppose!

Mari W

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.