× Members

Face to face assesment

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117842 by Mr Jones
Face to face assesment was created by Mr Jones
Face to face assessment
I had my face to face ESA assessment this afternoon schedule for 1.15pm but at 12.00 midday Atos phoned to delay my scheduled appointment until 2.00pm this afternoon, I arrived promptly in good time to allow for parking and finding reception.

Was kept waiting for 40 min’s in reception to be called by the Atos officer. From the outset I had my suspicions that she had not fully read my application or any supporting evidence.

The health officer was French and sometimes misinterpreted my answer to here questions and I had to labour certain point about my condition so my sentences were not twisted.

It felt that I was answering the same questions on my application, but now my answers were being twisted to suit certain criteria on the computer. If my answers did not fit any of the descriptors she was working with, it felt that her interpretation of my answer was not the full explanation of my condition.

I have absolutely no confidence with Atos and I fear the worst. I have been on IB since 2005 and gone through reassessments in 2007, 2009, and 2012. Never before has it seemed so poorly executed.

The official then wanted to listen to my chest because I sometimes use an inhaler during the summer for hay fever and nothing to do with my application, but she did not ask me to remove any articles of clothing just listened through my denim shirt, t-shirt and a thermal vest.

Then tested my reflex action and that was the end of it. Now just waiting for the outcome, and feel as I have done something wrong by being unable to work for the past 9 years. It was a horrible experience. Should I send in a complaint now? About how unsatisfactory I found the assessment or wait for the results.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117845 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Face to face assesment

Mr Jones wrote: Face to face assessment
I had my face to face ESA assessment this afternoon schedule for 1.15pm but at 12.00 midday Atos phoned to delay my scheduled appointment until 2.00pm this afternoon, I arrived promptly in good time to allow for parking and finding reception.

Was kept waiting for 40 min’s in reception to be called by the Atos officer. From the outset I had my suspicions that she had not fully read my application or any supporting evidence.

The health officer was French and sometimes misinterpreted my answer to here questions and I had to labour certain point about my condition so my sentences were not twisted.

It felt that I was answering the same questions on my application, but now my answers were being twisted to suit certain criteria on the computer. If my answers did not fit any of the descriptors she was working with, it felt that her interpretation of my answer was not the full explanation of my condition.

I have absolutely no confidence with Atos and I fear the worst. I have been on IB since 2005 and gone through reassessments in 2007, 2009, and 2012. Never before has it seemed so poorly executed.

The official then wanted to listen to my chest because I sometimes use an inhaler during the summer for hay fever and nothing to do with my application, but she did not ask me to remove any articles of clothing just listened through my denim shirt, t-shirt and a thermal vest.

Then tested my reflex action and that was the end of it. Now just waiting for the outcome, and feel as I have done something wrong by being unable to work for the past 9 years. It was a horrible experience. Should I send in a complaint now? About how unsatisfactory I found the assessment or wait for the results.

Hi MJ,

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You could complain to ATOS now regarding the literacy of The HCP and the quality of the face to face.

However, I suspect that it would have little affect on the actual decision at this stage, as the decision will be made by The DWP DM.

It is of course up to you.

Once The DWP DM has made the decision and informed you, if the decision is adverse, you could then raise a complaint regarding the quality of The F2F with ATOS, and make a request for Mandatory Reconsideration to The DWP.

This is guidance on how a F2F is supposed to be carried out :

ESAMedical – What to expect

See also :

Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

You could also request copies of The ESA85 Medical Report, and any other documentation used :

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

If you do decide to complain to ATOS, (now or later) here are the contact detail : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Even if ATOS did accept that The F2F did not meet the required standard, the likely remedy would be a fresh assessment.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• Dublinboy
10 years 2 months ago #117848 by Dublinboy
Replied by Dublinboy on topic Face to face assesment
I would strongly urge to make a complaint with your local MP about the you feel you were treated,

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago #117850 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Face to face assesment

Dublinboy wrote: I would strongly urge to make a complaint with your local MP about the you feel you were treated,

Contacting your MP

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.