× Members

ESA Health updates

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #117861 by roadrunner
ESA Health updates was created by roadrunner
In Jan 2013 had a WFI and I was assigned to a work programme. Had the inyerview with them and then nothing. I guess I was parked. Now 14 months later I recieve a letter to attend a WFI. But I am waiting for my review decision of my ESA50 handed in back in Sept 2013.

I have developed bladder issues (reoccurring from 10 years ago) and need one or two operations with self catherters for life. I involutary pass water about once a week, told DWP and they said wait til I had my review medical and hand the documents in then and make sure they are photocopied. So i waited. But now I have this interview and who know where they will place me. I don't know what to do and need help. Currently oin ESA (IR). Still awaiting review outcome.

Thank you
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #117863 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Health updates
Hi rr,

I'm afraid that you are required to take part in WFIs until and unless you are placed in the Support Group. Unfortunately it could take months before you get the result of your latest reassessment, we are suggesting that memebers contact their MPs and let them know just how badly the system is working.

Contacting your MP

Meanwhile, it might be possible for you to have the WFIs undertaken over the phone. You should contact the JC+ adviser, explain your new problems and ask if this is an option. Although this is entirely at the discretion of the adviser, many people have had their request granted.

Fingers crossed that we are all amazed with the speed of the decision on your reassessment and that it brings the result you deserve.

Edited to add - any WFI or WRA that you are required to undertake should take into account your problems and limitations.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by slugsta. Reason: added comment
The following user(s) said Thank You: roadrunner

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #117874 by roadrunner
Replied by roadrunner on topic ESA Health updates
Thank you for the reply. My latest ESA renewal does not have my bladder issues and DWP told me to hand this new info at a medical. Not sure if to not wait and submit the info in at the WFI?

Regards
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #117879 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Health updates

roadrunner wrote: Thank you for the reply. My latest ESA renewal does not have my bladder issues and DWP told me to hand this new info at a medical. Not sure if to not wait and submit the info in at the WFI?

Regards

If you have additional medical evidence then our recommendation would be for you to submit it now, it may remove the requirement for you to have an assessment!

Send a copy to ATOS at the address you sent your ESA50, send a copy to the DWP marked for the attention of the Decision Maker and if you do have to have a face to face, take a copy with you and ask the assessor to read it before proceeding with the interview.

As to the WFI, I think there is little value in providing the advisor with a copy, they are not medically trained and therefore are unlikely to understand the contents and whilst they might put it on your file it, this will be the JC+ version and may not be available to the Decision Maker.

That said, it is well worth mentioning the problem to your advisor as it may prompt them to offer an interview over the phone.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: roadrunner, slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.