× Members

Please Advise.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117865 by weymouth321
Please Advise. was created by weymouth321
I am 57 yrs, had rheumatoid arthritis past 5 yrs. Also osteoarthritis. Following dismissal on health grounds from my job as health care support woker for 30 yrs at full/time hrs. Since 2011, have been in ESA I/R WRAG group. Get DLA low rate care. My disability jobcentre advisior is full aware of my situation. Parents early 80`s, heart disease. Dad very unsteady on feet. House-bound if I or any friend takes them out. Mum dementia which is getting much worse. Left Dad in M and S and caught the bus home without him. Staff got Dad a taxi. Ditto with the hospital. The Carer UK say I am not fit enough to be a carer. ( I tried it for a week and was totally exhausted ).
Over the past 3 months I have been doing approx. 3 hours of voluntary work for Age UK.
Last week, my advisor asks me to increase my voluntary hours and has placed me in a work programme. I do have to see to our Mum and Dad , as both my sisters work full-time.
So I am struggling, and often fall asleep on the sofa from sheer exhaustion.
Please advise. Many Thanks, Josie.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117872 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Please Advise.
Josie

I am afraid the advisor is not required to take any notice of your caring activities as you are not classed as one. Could you manage 20 hours a week? There is something called the Carers Credit, it pays no money but does pay NI Credits that count towards a full State Pension, but it will recognise you as a Carer.

Any actions that you are asked to perform must take into account any limitations that result from your conditions, but providing this is the case then you can be asked to do anything other than to work or to seek work, a failure to comply can lead to your benefit being sanctioned.

Work Programme

and

Changes to ESA Sanctions

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: weymouth321

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.