× Members

PIP

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #117887 by Emzy
PIP was created by Emzy
Hello I just want to ask if I need to involve my MP? because I'm still waiting for my face to face consultation with Atos... My initial application for PIP was July 2013...I phoned Atos but they don't know the date they just told me to wait for the letter. Thank you.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #117895 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP
The current wait for PIP decisions, in particular, is disgaceful. Some members have found their MPs, whatever their political persuasion, to be helpful in getting things moving. At the very least they have been informed of the way the system is really treating people.

Contacting your MP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• keanda
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #117906 by keanda
Replied by keanda on topic PIP
Sorry this isn't a reply to your original question.
I understand that the time delay is particularly bad, just wondering what happens with regards to people transferring over from DLA to PIP. I know that they continue to pay the DLA claimant until a decision is reached, what happens if they decide you are only entitled to the lower rate or nothing at all, would they expect the claimant to pay back the DLA ie DLA finishing in July for example and decision not reached until November? My thinking would be that they couldn't do that as the delay is on their side but just thinking out loud
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #117912 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP

keanda wrote: Sorry this isn't a reply to your original question.
I understand that the time delay is particularly bad, just wondering what happens with regards to people transferring over from DLA to PIP. I know that they continue to pay the DLA claimant until a decision is reached, what happens if they decide you are only entitled to the lower rate or nothing at all, would they expect the claimant to pay back the DLA ie DLA finishing in July for example and decision not reached until November? My thinking would be that they couldn't do that as the delay is on their side but just thinking out loud

There is no chance of an overpayment as the PIP award only applies from the date that it is made.

Claimants will continue to receive their DLA payments until four weeks after the Decision on their PIP claim is made (subject to their fulfilling the requirements of making a new claim for PIP), this will be the case even if the Decision is not made before their current DLA award expires.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: keanda , Puccalove

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.