× Members

How could my income change?

• Zybyszek
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #117919 by Zybyszek
How could my income change? was created by Zybyszek
At the moment, I'm on ESA (Support Group) and the benefits I receive are summed up as EESA on my bank statements, which I think stands for Enhanced ESA. It totals £243.30 per fortnight, but I wasn't expecting any increase compared with the roughly £203.40 per fortnight I used to get on Income Support with Disability Premium.

According to the benefit levels listed for April 2014, I would be getting much less, but I've heard that I won't be, so I can't help wondering what I actually will get if I stay on ESA (Support Group), or if I was somehow transferred onto another benefit.

I think that one possible alternative would be that I was transferred onto ESA (WRAG), which I narrowly avoided, so I wonder how much less I would get then. I've also heard about PIP, but I don't know if or when I might go onto it, but it may be useful to find out.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #117920 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How could my income change?
Zybyszek

I would expect someone receiving ESA(IR) in the Support Group to get

Personal Allowance - £71.70
SG Component - £34.80
Enhanced Disability Premium - £15.15

Total - £121.65 per week or £243.30 per fortnight

For the WRAG it would be

Personal Allowance - £71.70
WRAG Component - £28.45

Total - £100.15 per week or £200.30 per fortnight.

Rates for PIP will depend on your Care and/or Mobility needs.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zybyszek
  • Zybyszek
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #117923 by Zybyszek
Replied by Zybyszek on topic How could my income change?
Great! I needed this information because I need to deal with a nasty company I owe money to and I'm trying to make a deal with them about how much I must pay off the debt and how often. Their demands could completely abolish my social life. They demand that I fill in a form declaring all my income. I will now tell them I get £200.30 ESA per fortnight instead of £243.30 ESA per fortnight. This amount is roughly the difference between one "big night out" per fortnight and no big nights out any more. I can supplement this with some cheaper nights out. According to this company and others like them, I'm probably not entitled to have a social life at all, but should just think myself lucky I'm still alive.
More
10 years 1 month ago #117925 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How could my income change?

Zybyszek wrote: Great! I needed this information because I need to deal with a nasty company I owe money to and I'm trying to make a deal with them about how much I must pay off the debt and how often. Their demands could completely abolish my social life. They demand that I fill in a form declaring all my income. I will now tell them I get £200.30 ESA per fortnight instead of £243.30 ESA per fortnight. This amount is roughly the difference between one "big night out" per fortnight and no big nights out any more. I can supplement this with some cheaper nights out. According to this company and others like them, I'm probably not entitled to have a social life at all, but should just think myself lucky I'm still alive.

I would get face to face advice before taking this action, as far as I can see from your post, this would potentially be Fraud which could have serious consequences for you.

As this post is moving in to an area that we cannot support on the forum I am locking to prevent further discussion.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law), Puccalove
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.