× Members

Question IB-ESA, ( contribution or income based?)

More
10 years 1 month ago #118019 by slugsta
Scott, I have merged your 2 topics so that all replies are kept in one place for you. This also makes it easier for us so that we do not waste time and effort duplicating replies :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118027 by Scott
Hi Mrs Hutyback.

Thank's for your reply, sorry but I just find this so confusing !.

Despite being on IB since 2005 I only discovered recently that I was entitled to PIP and have been awarded high rate care and high rate mobility following successful claim. Also, I have just been successfully transferred from IB- ESA support group (cb). Now, if correct, I may be entitled to further benefits ?, possibly Enhanced Disability Premiums and/or Income Support ?.

In order to claim these further premiums I need to complete form ESA3 which I believe is a means test?. So what classes as income under the means test ?, PIP?, ESA(contribution based)?, ESA (income related)? or, are all of these ignored as income effectively meaning I have no income ?
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118033 by Gordon

Scott wrote: Hi Mrs Hutyback.

Thank's for your reply, sorry but I just find this so confusing !.

Despite being on IB since 2005 I only discovered recently that I was entitled to PIP and have been awarded high rate care and high rate mobility following successful claim. Also, I have just been successfully transferred from IB- ESA support group (cb). Now, if correct, I may be entitled to further benefits ?, possibly Enhanced Disability Premiums and/or Income Support ?.

In order to claim these further premiums I need to complete form ESA3 which I believe is a means test?. So what classes as income under the means test ?, PIP?, ESA(contribution based)?, ESA (income related)? or, are all of these ignored as income effectively meaning I have no income ?

Yes, you may be eligible for the Enhanced Disability Premium and if you live alone and no one receives Carers Allowance for you, the Severe Disability Premium.

For income purposes ESA(CB) is included but PIP is not, they will be calculating your ESA(IR) so this is not relevant, please see the link I posted for details of the other areas that are considered for eligibility for ESA(IR).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, Scott

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.