× Members

closing my claim advice BC centres

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #117992 by Callisto
closing my claim advice BC centres was created by Callisto
I am now finally in a position to end my claim for esa wrag. I have been in receipt of ib and now esa for 14 years. My esa is due to end in july buti would not be entitled to anything anyway due to husbands work.
My condition has made some improvement due to a number of factors and I really feel thati cannot now say I confidently satisfy the criteria having always tried to do the right thing. My question however, is what do you think about me sending the letter directly to the office that deal with my claim as I know the mail delivery centre takes ages to actually get it to bury st edmunds. I have the envelope written out and am ready to post it using recorded delivery tommorrow morning. I could always ring them but that is usually as effective as a chocolate fireguard as I seldom have ever spoken to helpline staff who give accurate info. I would naturally put it in writing anyhow. I was concerned as I read on another post that some dwp offices do not accept recorded delivery although I can find nothing else to back that up. So is it still possible to send stuff directly?
I must take this opportunity to whole heartedly thank the mods for the advice they have extended to me over the the years.
callisto
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #117999 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic closing my claim advice BC centres
Callisto

If you are certain that you no longer meet the criteria for the WRAG then you should write to the DWP office that normally deals with your claim notifying them that you wish to close your claim and why.

It is possible that it will take some time for them to action this request, so I would advise you to retain any payments made to you after you send the letter, bearing in mind that ESA is normally paid two weeks in arrears.

There are no issues with claimants sending mail to the DWP by Recorded or any other signed for, they just don't always appear as signed on the Royal Mail tracking system immediately.

Please bear in mind that once you do this there will be no way back onto sickness benefits while your husband is working 24 or more hours a week unless you re-establish your Contribution history which will require you to be in paid employment or to be registered as Self-Employed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118006 by Callisto
Replied by Callisto on topic closing my claim advice BC centres
Thankyou for your reply. I am as certain as one could reasonably be so.
Do you think it is okay to "bypass" the mail opening centre as I know the address of the office (bury st edmunds) and have evidence that things are dealt with quicker by other posts I have seen online that send directly to thier office.
thankyou Gordon
callisto

More
10 years 1 month ago #118010 by Gordon

Callisto wrote: Thankyou for your reply. I am as certain as one could reasonably be so.
Do you think it is okay to "bypass" the mail opening centre as I know the address of the office (bury st edmunds) and have evidence that things are dealt with quicker by other posts I have seen online that send directly to thier office.
thankyou Gordon
callisto

The address to use should be on any of the letters you have had from the DWP about your ESA.

I am not 100% certain but I believe that any mail addressed directly to an office will simply be re-directed to the mail drop centres that are listed on the letters adding an additional delay to the process.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118018 by Callisto
Replied by Callisto on topic closing my claim advice BC centres
Gosh, how simply illogical. I am wondering if it could be dropped off at the office? Never thought of that. Or would they send it to wolverhampton? I have heard of weeks of delay, seems so daft, promptly reporting a change and then not having it dealt with. Do you think I should bother contacting the number on the uprating letter, which of course would be themain helpline? In addition to sending the letter.
so many questions, apologies
callisto

More
10 years 1 month ago #118026 by Gordon

Callisto wrote: Gosh, how simply illogical. I am wondering if it could be dropped off at the office? Never thought of that. Or would they send it to wolverhampton? I have heard of weeks of delay, seems so daft, promptly reporting a change and then not having it dealt with. Do you think I should bother contacting the number on the uprating letter, which of course would be themain helpline? In addition to sending the letter.
so many questions, apologies
callisto

My recommendation is that you post it to the address on the DWP letters that way it will get to the right place.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.