× Members

Enhanced Disability Premium

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #117998 by sally-jane
Enhanced Disability Premium was created by sally-jane
Hi,
From a previous thread I note the below someone would expect to receive ESA(IR) in the Support Group to get

Personal Allowance - £71.70
SG Component - £34.80
Enhanced Disability Premium - £15.15

Total - £121.65 per week or £243.30 per fortnight.

I re looked at my ESA (CB) in the SG, and I receive the following

Your Living Expenses - £72.40
Extra money because I am in the SG - £35.75

Total- £108.15 per week or £213 per fortnight.
I also am in receipt of HRC/HRM of DLA, and have been for a number of years

I wondered;
1) How does one receive Enhanced Disability Premium.
2) What is the eligability criteria to obtain it

I looked it up and it seems you have to be in reeipt of HRC/HRM of DLA., which I am but there is obviously something I am missing

Many thanks
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118003 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Enhanced Disability Premium
PCM

You need to be in receipt of ESA(IR) in part or in whole.

ESA(IR) is means testrd and takes into account household income, assets and savings and any hours that a partner works.

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If you think you are eligible then you need to ask the DWP for an ESA3 to tell them about your financial situation.

The Enhanced Disability Premium is payable if a claimant receives DLA HRC or PIP Enhanced Care or they are in the ESA Support Group.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago #118009 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Enhanced Disability Premium
Many thanks Gordon,

Thought I was not eligeable.

So again I lose out.

Hubby works and as I also receive IIB at 50%, my income is to high to receive SG(IR).
Makes me cross as being on SG(CB) and cos hubby works more than 24 hours in a regular week, less when I am really bad as he is my main carer andhe is only eligeable for underlying carer notification, therefore no extra monies.
If we were in the SG(IR) we would be much better off with all the add ons one can get once in (IR).
Never mind, I decline to do as our LA suggested to us, in so much as tell fibs on the ESA3 form.
Thank you Gordon for your much valued advice.
xx

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.