× Members

DLA Home Medical Assessment (Tribunal)

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #118047 by VikkiH
Replied by VikkiH on topic DLA Home Medical Assessment (Tribunal)

bro58 wrote: Hi VH,

You are entitled to record the medical covertly for your own reference purposes.

The odds are that if you had let the EMP know that you intended to record it that they may have refused to progress with the medical.

You can make transcripts as suggested, which could be backed up if necessary by the recording itself.

If there are any flagrant contradictions to what actually took place, and what the EMP has written, you could offer the transcripts/recordings as evidence.

It would be up to the Tribunal as to whether they would allow the transcripts/recording to be used as evidence.

You would obviously have to prepare the transcript/copies of recordings in anticipation of this, and send it to The TS with a letter of explanation.

bro58

Hi Bro58,

I did inform him of the recording and I was most insistent on it. I've had a stroke and my memory is terrible. He could have been working for Mother Theresa herself and would still have recorded it. :lol:

Many thanks for the advice. I, or rather my very patient husband, will make a detailed comparison when we get the report and do as you suggested if required. Thanks to both you and Puccalove, I feel slightly more relieved now, although not positive about a consideration in my favour from the EMP.

One thought...why have a home visit if they don't actually assess you in the home environment? Perfect opportunity to see how I can't get out of bed without help, totally lost!

Thanks,

Vikki
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #118048 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA Home Medical Assessment (Tribunal)

VikkiH wrote:

bro58 wrote: Hi VH,

You are entitled to record the medical covertly for your own reference purposes.

The odds are that if you had let the EMP know that you intended to record it that they may have refused to progress with the medical.

You can make transcripts as suggested, which could be backed up if necessary by the recording itself.

If there are any flagrant contradictions to what actually took place, and what the EMP has written, you could offer the transcripts/recordings as evidence.

It would be up to the Tribunal as to whether they would allow the transcripts/recording to be used as evidence.

You would obviously have to prepare the transcript/copies of recordings in anticipation of this, and send it to The TS with a letter of explanation.

bro58

Hi Bro58,

I did inform him of the recording and I was most insistent on it. I've had a stroke and my memory is terrible. He could have been working for Mother Theresa herself and would still have recorded it. :lol:

Many thanks for the advice. I, or rather my very patient husband, will make a detailed comparison when we get the report and do as you suggested if required. Thanks to both you and Puccalove, I feel slightly more relieved now, although not positive about a consideration in my favour from the EMP.

One thought...why have a home visit if they don't actually assess you in the home environment? Perfect opportunity to see how I can't get out of bed without help, totally lost!

Thanks,

Vikki

Hi VH,

The majority of DLA "medicals" are carried out in the claimant's home, so there is nothing out of the norm there.

The majority of DLA claimant's would have problems in leaving home. The EMP would be assessing your Care Needs and/or your Walking/Mobility Limitations, so it is possible to carry out such an assessment in the home.

bro58

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #118049 by VikkiH
Replied by VikkiH on topic DLA Home Medical Assessment (Tribunal)

I bet they kept their verbal comments to a minimum !!

I've heard more comments from a monk who's taken a vow of silence! Apart from the questions, the ONLY comment he made was about my glasses. Bet he's great fun on a night out! :silly:

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago #118050 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA Home Medical Assessment (Tribunal)

VikkiH wrote:

I bet they kept their verbal comments to a minimum !!

I've heard more comments from a monk who's taken a vow of silence! Apart from the questions, the ONLY comment he made was about my glasses. Bet he's great fun on a night out! :silly:

Hi VH,

It's good to see that you have managed to retain a sense of humour through these worrying times !! :laugh:

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.