× Members

ESA Defferal and Northern Ireland

• Delilah255
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118199 by Delilah255
ESA Defferal and Northern Ireland was created by Delilah255
I read your comments about the ESA Deferral and NI.

This only applies to mainland UK, our understanding is that Northern Ireland is not affected by this change.

My IB to ESA Support Group started on the 17yh January 2013, yet I have not received a new ESA50 form to fill in.

Could the deferral be in NI as well??? I actually started to relax when I first read about it then read your comments about NI.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118201 by
Replied by on topic ESA Defferal and Northern Ireland

Delilah255 wrote: I read your comments about the ESA Deferral and NI.

This only applies to mainland UK, our understanding is that Northern Ireland is not affected by this change.

My IB to ESA Support Group started on the 17yh January 2013, yet I have not received a new ESA50 form to fill in.

Could the deferral be in NI as well??? I actually started to relax when I first read about it then read your comments about NI.

Hi D255,

As far as we are aware the suspension/deferral of reassessments does not apply to NI.

When you receive an ESA50 for reassessment is dependent on the prognosis of the existing award.

You could try contacting CAB NI for further information :

www.citizensadvice.co.uk/

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by .

More
10 years 1 month ago #118203 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic ESA Defferal and Northern Ireland
As an aside you can be in the Support Group for up to three years before reassessment. You could contact the DWP for an estimated prognosis but you should not take this as set in stone.

• Delilah255
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago #118234 by Delilah255
Replied by Delilah255 on topic ESA Defferal and Northern Ireland
Yes, I had read somewhere they might only send for you every 2-3 years. But on this site in general information it does say they normally send for you every year.

To be honest I did not even got for a medical when I was transferred to ESA from IB!!!! Fill and posted form off in October 2012 and heard nothing until 17th January 2013!!!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.