× Members

Still waiting two months+ since I submitted my ESA

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #118250 by bro58
Hi S,

I would try not to worry in the interim.

You can do no more until a decision is made, and if you are placed into The WRAG, there is nothing to stop you appealing that decision.

If/when that happens, we can help further.

Please be assured that the delay in hearing anything after returning your ESA50 is not particular to you, and the same is being suffered by many, many people.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #118291 by Porridge
Hello Shell, I have also been waiting for two months. Try to let it go and not worry.

I submitted my ESA50, which was a reassessment too, on the same date you did. I did include a very detailed report from my hospital consultant, which he wrote especially, which confirmed and corroborated everything I had put on the form, along with up-to-date test results and several hospital discharge summaries covering the previous 12 months. There was also a letter from a different consultant, as I have three different diagnoses, only two of which are related to one another, and two of which are life-threatening.

I have repeatedly phoned ATOS, I phoned them today, but the call-handler said that my application was waiting in a queue to be seen by a doctor. She confirmed that they had received the large bundle of hospital documents with it.

I am amazed at ATOS's and the DWP's optimism and their belief in miracles actually. I have a severe, progressive, unremitting incurable and severely disabling disease and last time they assessed me as needing to be reassessed in 18 months.

It is hard to cope with the waiting, unbearable sometimes, but you just have to try and zone it out and given that you have provided good evidence of your problems, trust that they will see that.

I haven't received the standard letter from the DWP explaining the new rates for benefits after April even, so I feel really left out in the cold.

Best wishes to you Shell.

“There isn’t anyone who doesn’t appreciate kindness and compassion.” – Dalai Lama

More
10 years 2 months ago #118297 by derek
Derek

hi just to let you know, I have been waiting 9 mounths today. can't do anything about it just got wait.

More
10 years 2 months ago #118439 by cossack
HI,

It's stressful big time. I think a lot of people are in the same boat as yourself and I include myself in this. Originally applied in October, got my quest back to them within the time required back in Dec, got a letter from the DWP telling me that my esa will stop in July due to the 365 day rule and whenever I contact ATOS all I keep being told is "you're in a q, and no we can't tell you how long it will be". It's a nightmare. Nobody seems able to, or are willing to take responsibility for it. They're quite happy to hassle us to get the quest back on time but do nothing - I think ATOS are totally overwhelmed and are just not coping. I contacted Benefits and Work asking for advice, and I was advised to contact my local Mp to see if they could write and try to speed things up on my behalf. Have decided that I've been left with no option other than to do this. Going to his surgery next Sat. Good luck, try to keep strong.

Should have said I suffer from MS, am in the secondary progressive stage and medically retired out of teaching after a 23 year career.

Julie

More
10 years 2 months ago #118460 by billhan
Just to let you know the backlog is large.

Sent in my ESA50 44 weeks ago.

Fed up of worrying about it.

Might be in my interest, might be not.

Cannot do anything about it.

Just amazed. How can they get things so wrong?

More
10 years 2 months ago #118463 by DaPa

billhan wrote: Just to let you know the backlog is large.

Sent in my ESA50 44 weeks ago.

Fed up of worrying about it.

Might be in my interest, might be not.

Cannot do anything about it.

Just amazed. How can they get things so wrong?

Mine is just a mere 14 weeks for me (Cardiff ATOS).

What area are you Billhan ?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris