× Members

change of circumstances

• crommy
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118308 by crommy
change of circumstances was created by crommy
hi ive been put int the support group on esa.i currently claim cont esa but have applied for income related esa.i get dla higher rate mobility and medium rate care.i am trying to see if anymore premiums will be if i qualify for income esa.i currently live alone but my brother who is my carer has now moved out and lives in a seperate address.i rang dla about this the person i spoke to said is ok i did not to need inform them of this change.my dla form has my brother as living at my home.is this correct i do not need to report this change i getting a little worried about this now thx
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118320 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic change of circumstances

crommy wrote: hi ive been put int the support group on esa.i currently claim cont esa but have applied for income related esa.i get dla higher rate mobility and medium rate care.i am trying to see if anymore premiums will be if i qualify for income esa.i currently live alone but my brother who is my carer has now moved out and lives in a seperate address.i rang dla about this the person i spoke to said is ok i did not to need inform them of this change.my dla form has my brother as living at my home.is this correct i do not need to report this change i getting a little worried about this now thx

The Carers Allowance will be in your brothers name so he has responsibility for notifying the DWP of any changes about it, not you.

In regard the Premiums.

ESA(IR) is means tested on your household income, assets and savings and any hours that a partner works.

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Providing you are eligible for an ESA(IR) top-up to your ESA(CB) you will receive the Enhanced Disability Premium as you are in the ESA Support Group.

On the assumption that your brother is still claiming CA then you are not entitled to the Severe Disability Premium, but if he ever stops receiving the benefit and you live alone then you would be.

You are not eligible for the Carers Premium as you are not receiving Carers Allowance and you cannot claim CA against your own DLA, that is covered by the SDP above.

If you have reached the age that a woman, born on the same day as you, would be able to claim the State Pension then there may be additional Premiums available.

If in doubt feed your information into the one of the online benefit calculators such as Turn2Us.org

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• crommy
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118326 by crommy
Replied by crommy on topic change of circumstances
thx for your response gordon

my brother does not claim carers allowance for me although he his full time carer he also works.
i was worried just in case the dwp pull me up on the address being shown as living at my address on my dla claims form and a different address being on the esa3 form i just filled in.he actually moved out about 12 months ago but i only thought of the change recently when i changed from ib to esa.could they sanction me for failure to report even tho i did phone and was told i did not need to.i have no evidence of the phone call but did tell the person to update my records as i had phoned and told them.maybe i worry for nothing.thx again for your kind support

More
10 years 1 month ago #118328 by Gordon
crommy

If you are now living alone then you should also be entitled to the Severe Disability Allowance, I believe this requires another form to be completed, I think it is an IS10 form which you can get from the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• crommy
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago #118329 by crommy
Replied by crommy on topic change of circumstances
yes i filled the sda claims form in about 2 months back.you think i will get no comeback on the address thing gordon.has anybody else to your knowledge posted a similar thing about reporting change of address? thx again sorry if i seem to be asking the same question but it playing on my mind

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118332 by Gordon

crommy wrote: yes i filled the sda claims form in about 2 months back.you think i will get no comeback on the address thing gordon.has anybody else to your knowledge posted a similar thing about reporting change of address? thx again sorry if i seem to be asking the same question but it playing on my mind

As long as your brother is no longer living with you then it should be no issue. You have stated on the IS10 that you are living alone, this should be sufficient.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: crommy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.