× Members

PIP and ESA no support

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118455 by gazzmg
PIP and ESA no support was created by gazzmg
I am having my support cut from my mental health team so I wont have a cpn anymore to help with benefits they are sending me back to the gp not because I am well but because they say I dont do anything with my cpn such as going out for a coffee. They know I have agoraphobia but are still cutting my support.

Will this effect me with pip will a gp be supportive in claiming PIP/ESA when I still have proplems with my mental health.

The only reason why I am losing support is because I dont do nothing with them not because i'm better
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118459 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and ESA no support

gazzmg wrote: I am having my support cut from my mental health team so I wont have a cpn anymore to help with benefits they are sending me back to the gp not because I am well but because they say I dont do anything with my cpn such as going out for a coffee. They know I have agoraphobia but are still cutting my support.

Will this effect me with pip will a gp be supportive in claiming PIP/ESA when I still have proplems with my mental health.

The only reason why I am losing support is because I dont do nothing with them not because i'm better

Unfortunately as budgets become tighter the NHS is parking a lot of patients that it believes that it is unable to help, it certainly won't help any claim for PIP or ESA that you make, but it is impossible to say how much, if any, damage that it will do.

The first thing to do is to speak to your GP to see how supportive that they will be, it is also worth remembering that many NHS staff are restrained from offering assistance with benefit claims by local policy, so your care team may not have provided any help and their loss is of no consequence.

In addition to your GP, you can review your medical records at the practice and this may provide you with a wealth of information to support a claim.

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago #118481 by gazzmg
Replied by gazzmg on topic PIP and ESA no support
thanks Gordon

I never had help with ESA from my team. i did it all myself and used the b&w guides which got me through. i think its happening across the board with regards to cutting

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.