× Members

PIP Assessment today

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118458 by ELEANOR
PIP Assessment today was created by ELEANOR
My PIP assessment was at 9.30 this morning. The nearest car park wasn't accessible for wheelchairs. :angry: The electronically operated front door was out of order. :( The two sets of double doors leading from the lift to the assessment centre could not be opened by a wheelchair user. :angry: The disabled toilet was inside the ladies' toilet which was through another set of double doors which could not be opened by a wheelchair user. :blink:
My daughter, who is currently seeing both a psychologist and a psychiatrist and awaiting diagnosis for an obviously serious mental illness began crying as my husband and I were about to leave the house. :( In all the confusion I forgot to bring my ID. :ohmy: Luckily I know my NINO by heart. Once I had given it to the clerk he was able to access my information. I answered three security questions and was allowed through. :)
The questions I was asked were exactly the same as those I was asked at my ESA assessment. The assessment lasted 50 minutes. I was thoroughly pissed off and showed it - after all, being nice didn't work for the ESA assessment. I was told to phone the DWP if i hadn't heard anything after six weeks. I will let you know what the decision is when I know myself. ;)
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118462 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment today
irisheyes

Irrelevant of what happens with your PIP claim, you might want to make a complaint about the quality of the disables facilities.

Timescales for PIP Decisions have improved (a little!), but the main area of delay continues to be the assessor company doing auditing and who knows what else, before they provide a copy to the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ELEANOR

More
10 years 1 month ago #118625 by ELEANOR
Replied by ELEANOR on topic PIP Assessment today
The assessor herself advised me to make a complaint. I will when I feel well enough.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.