× Members

PIP - Are ATOS Improving?

More
10 years 1 month ago #118468 by mariaz18
PIP - Are ATOS Improving? was created by mariaz18
Hi,

As you all may know from my previous posts that I am helping my mum claim for PIP. Here are the time lines:

Rang DWP for initial application on 22nd Nov 13,
Form send 19th Dec 13,
Received ATOS assessment letter 20 Jan 14,
ATOS assessment 12th Feb,

I thought i'd ring DWP today just to see if they have returned the report, but to my amaze the women said yes, it was received from ATOS on 26 Feb 14.
This is 2 weeks after my mums assessment, wow that was fast but I have also read on another forum recently that ATOS returned a report to DWP in just 1 day after the assessment.
Just hope this doesn't mean my mum has failed, will keep you posted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118543 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic PIP - Are ATOS Improving?
I think that no other moderators have replied, is because like me, they don't think ATOS are improving. In fact in my opinion they're as bad as ever.

See Our News section

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law).

More
10 years 1 month ago #118558 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic PIP - Are ATOS Improving?
Atos service continues to be very hit and miss and there does not seem to be much logic to when they are better or worse. However they may be worse in some parts of the country. As for PIPs I have had clients, not terminally ill, get decisions within a few weeks but I also have some who are still waiting several months. I cannot see any pattern to this or justification for difference in treatment. I have not noticed a link between wait time and success so wouldn't read anything into this. Fingers crossed!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.