× Members

ESA increase April 2014

• panaman
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago #118491 by panaman
ESA increase April 2014 was created by panaman
Hi
Bit confused with letter today.
My partner was transferred from IB to CB ESA in October last year and has now had his increase letter which I can see is the correct new amounts £72.40 + £35.75 = £108.15. He is currently on £107.35.
The letter advising increase from April 12th however says that for the first week of December a Christmas bonus of £0.00 will be made.
I understood all CB ESA recipients receive the Christmas payment.
Any idea what is happening?
Thanks P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118493 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic ESA increase April 2014
We had a similar query the other day I believe the consensus was this was an error on part of the DWP. You are right in thinking they are entitled. We have not heard of any plans to scrap the bonus.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118494 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA increase April 2014

panaman wrote: Hi
Bit confused with letter today.
My partner was transferred from IB to CB ESA in October last year and has now had his increase letter which I can see is the correct new amounts £72.40 + £35.75 = £108.15. He is currently on £107.35.
The letter advising increase from April 12th however says that for the first week of December a Christmas bonus of £0.00 will be made.
I understood all CB ESA recipients receive the Christmas payment.
Any idea what is happening?
Thanks P

To be eligible for the Christmas bonus a claimant must be receiving a qualifying benefit in the first full week of December, since we are only in March the DWP cannot state which claimants will satisfy this requirement and therefore cannot include the payment on the annual up lift letter.

Why they even bother to mention it I don't know, all it does is cause confusion.

So to summarise, you are not entitled to it until you become entitled to it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: panaman

• panaman
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago #118495 by panaman
Replied by panaman on topic ESA increase April 2014
So do you think it will be paid or should we contact?
Thanks P

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118497 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic ESA increase April 2014
If you are still receiving ESA then you should be paid the bonus. I think the point is that the DWP don't know whether you will still be receiving it. But really the DWP should just not mention it on the letter to avoid confusion.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Puccalove.
The following user(s) said Thank You: panaman

• panaman
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago #118498 by panaman
Replied by panaman on topic ESA increase April 2014
Thanks for the replies as always

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.