× Members

ESA Medical

• Briony
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118520 by Briony
ESA Medical was created by Briony
Sent my ESA form off, it was received on 4th Oct 2013. I havn't heard anything except that it is the hand of the medics. How long does it take to make a decision? Is this now the norm? Meanwhile I am living (29 weeks) on the basic ESA benefit, almost impossible. Thank god for friends and family. Any ideas what to do next.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118527 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Medical
Hi Briony,

We are getting a lot of posts about this at the moment. DWP and ATOS both have huge backlogs and some claimants are waiting many months to hear anything after submitting their ESA50.

I'm afraid the only thing we can suggest is that you contact your MP, in some cases they have been able to get things speeded up for the claimant.

Contacting your MP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Nicola Marter
10 years 1 month ago #118588 by Nicola Marter
Replied by Nicola Marter on topic ESA Medical
Hi Briony

I sent my form off at the beginning of May last year, and got a letter in December asking me to attend an assessment in January. I didn't go to that assessment and went to one in February. I received a letter three weeks later, telling me that I have been awarded ESA, (contributions based) and placed in the Work Related Activity Group.

I am lucky that I have a partner, so am not in dire straits financially at the moment. I really feel for you and others like you who are living on a pittance, and can only imagine the terrible stress this places on people. I really hope that you are assessed soon, and are successful in getting the benefit. Sorry I can't be of more help.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118593 by citymike
Replied by citymike on topic ESA Medical
Hi all
A friend sent off his ESA50 in May13, just had a letter to attend a f2f at the end of March
CM

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.