× Members

DLA Renewal Forms

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118572 by Bob
DLA Renewal Forms was created by Bob
My Dla fixed period award 2 years is due for renewal on 26th July and today I received the
application forms to renew. If I send them back within the next few weeks and the DM decides
again to place my in HRC LRM again for a fixed period when does the award start from the date
of DM decision or from when my current award ends on July 26th.
many thanks for your advice as not to sure if to rush to send them back or wait a little while.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118574 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic DLA Renewal Forms
The decision will apply from the date it is made. This is always a tricky one. You don't want to send it in to early in case it is disadvantageous nor to late as they need time to process. Knowing that there are delays all round I wouldn't sit on it for too long.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob

More
10 years 1 month ago #118575 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA Renewal Forms
Hi Bob,

You might find this FAQ helpful

When should I send my renewal form back?

In my own case, I sent my forms in early, my award was downgraded but the decision came into effect from the time my original award ended. I know that not everyone has had the same experience.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.