× Members

ESA LETTER RECEIVED A BIT CONFUSED PLEASE HELP!

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118589 by spongebob
Hi there
I am confused and not sure what to do next so any advice would be so gratefully received.
It started around a year ago got the dreaded brown envelope through the door ( medical form filled in the form sent it off) approximately one year later I get the the ATOS medical letter asking for a face to face medical this is were it gets strange.
A day before my medical should take place I get a telephone message left on my phone
saying that my medical notes did not come to their
office and therefore my medical was going to be canceled and they would be in touch for a new appointment 3 weeks later still no appointment.
Yesterday I get a letter from ESA saying “you have been placed in the support group”
It did not saying anything about a medical I did not have ?
It does say that I do not have to take part in any work-related activity but I can volunteer if I want to.
Will I still need to go to a medical or have the made up there minds?
My physical disability is permanent one I am a single mum of a 11 year and 7 year girls one of which my young carer. Can I breath a sigh of relief is it over. I am to scared to to call them just in case they made a mistake. My money has stayed the same stated in the letter they have sent me any advice what to do next would really help I also have neurological problems so thinking straight memory not my strong point.
thank you
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118591 by Gordon
spongebob

Based on what you have posted it sounds like the DWP have made a Decision on your claim and put you in the Support Group, it is likely that when ATOS got a hold of your medical information they were able to recommend this without the need to see you.

If you want to know when you will be next assessed, ask for a copy of the ESA85A from the DWP office that is dealing with your claim, the prognosis is usually used to set when this will hapen.

Many Congratulations on the award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118599 by spongebob
Replied by spongebob on topic ESA LETTER RECEIVED A BIT CONFUSED PLEASE HELP!
Thank you Gordon
I will do that so I can breath that sigh of relief ahhhhhhhh I just thought they may of got it wrong crossed wires of something nothing normally goes that easy for me.
thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.