× Members

My sister in law has no money

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118595 by steve davies
My sister in law has no money was created by steve davies
Hello, my sister in law scored just 9 points in her medical assessment with Atos and had her ESA stopped. He GP signed her off as sick indefinitely so she has been refused JSA ....she gets £132 per month plus rent paid and rates. I have to pick up shortfall. She has a mild learning disability and suffers awful anxiety attacks when she throws things around and harms herself.
What am I to do.....I have spoken to unnamed people at jobcenter + who are so slick but a waste of time.
If my sister in law did not have me and my wife she would suely join the [PHRASE REMOVED]
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118602 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic My sister in law has no money
S

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You sister-in-law can challenge the Decision that she is Fit for Work.

The first stage to doing this is to request a Mandatory Reconsideration which requires a new Decision Maker to look at all of the evidence to see if they can make an award, unfortunately she will not be paid while this happens.

Have a look at our ESA MR & Appeal guide for more information, there are also template letters and submission that you can use on the following link.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

If you have more questions, please reply to this post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.