× Members

ESA Form filling

• Linda
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118648 by Linda
ESA Form filling was created by Linda
Hi, what if you have a fluctuating disease, how do you fill in the ESA form? There are times, when I can't function properly and others when I can a little better. How are you supposed to fill in the form based on your illnesses, and disabilities?
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Puccalove.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118651 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic ESA Form filling
This can be a tricky one. ESA descriptors are supposed to apply if they are usually the case. If there is no 'usually' and your condition varies it will be the one that applies on average or for most of the time i.e more than half.

Don't get trapped by the tick boxes. Take advantage of the 'it varies' tick box. Explain thoroughly but concisely your situation. E.g Most days I can move around my home but for approx two days a week I am bed bound.

• Linda
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118666 by Linda
Replied by Linda on topic ESA Form filling
Thank you. On the form can I talk about each illness and how it affects me? Can I elaborate and explain what I have and how it affects my day to day life?
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118667 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Form filling
Make sure you don't answer as if every day was your worst, that leaves you open to charges of fraud. On the other hand, do not tick a 'yes' box if you cannot perform that activity regularly, reliably and safely on most of the occasions you would attempt it.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago #118671 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Form filling

Linda wrote: Thank you. On the form can I talk about each illness and how it affects me? Can I elaborate and explain what I have and how it affects my day to day life?

Yes you can but remember that ESA Decisions are not made based on your conditions but rather your ability to complete each of the tests on the questionnaire, please have a look at our ESA Claim guides for more information about this.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago #118672 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Form filling
The guides also give help regarding explaining varying conditions.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.