× Members

JSA and NI Contributions

• Jayne
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118730 by Jayne
JSA and NI Contributions was created by Jayne
Dear B&W

I not longer qualify for ESA (CB) as I have had my 365 days and my wife works full-time,and I don't qualify for JSA (CB) as I don't have enough NI contributions, but someone told me that if I sign on for JSA then I could be eligible to receive NI credits towards my pension even if I'm not eligibel for the full JSA payment, is there any truth in this do you know?
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118737 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic JSA and NI Contributions

Jayne wrote: Dear B&W

I not longer qualify for ESA (CB) as I have had my 365 days and my wife works full-time,and I don't qualify for JSA (CB) as I don't have enough NI contributions, but someone told me that if I sign on for JSA then I could be eligible to receive NI credits towards my pension even if I'm not eligibel for the full JSA payment, is there any truth in this do you know?

Providing you have not closed your ESA(CB) claim then you are already receiving NI Credits from this and will continue to do so as long as you maintain the claim as required by the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.