× Members

Incapacity to esa

• Kevin hodgson
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118736 by Kevin hodgson
Incapacity to esa was created by Kevin hodgson
Hi I'm having assement tomorrow getting changed from incapacity to esa. But my partner is already put a claim in for her esa as just moved in together so that is joint claim. What is the best way to go about things
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118739 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Incapacity to esa
K

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The first thing you must do, if you have not already done so, is to notify the DWP and any other agencies that you have moved in to together.

In regard your ESA, it will depend on what you are both receiving.

- If you are both receiving Contribution Based ESA then there will be no effect and you will both continue to receive ESA(CB).

- If one of you is claiming Income Related ESA and the other ESA(CB), then this must be claimed as a couple; the ESA(CB) will remain in payment but will be deducted from the ESA(IR).

- If you are both receiving ESA(IR), then one of you must claim as a couple and the other must close their claim.

If in doubt as to which way to go, get face to face advice from a trained advisor who can calculate what you are now entitled to.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevin hodgson

• Kevin hodgson
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118741 by Kevin hodgson
Replied by Kevin hodgson on topic Incapacity to esa
Thanks. Have changed name now. Well I'm going through change from incapacity to esa which is c.b. but my partner is going to be claiming as income. Esa. So we just making sure that are doing the right situation. Spoke to welfare rights but so confusing
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118744 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Incapacity to esa

Kevin wrote: Thanks. Have changed name now. Well I'm going through change from incapacity to esa which is c.b. but my partner is going to be claiming as income. Esa. So we just making sure that are doing the right situation. Spoke to welfare rights but so confusing

Then your partner needs to claim as a couple and you will continue to receive ESA(CB) but it will be deducted from your partners payments, however, you will both be eligible for free prescriptions, the ESA Premiums, if entitled, Housing Benefit and possibly help with your Council Tax.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevin hodgson

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.