× Members

What happens after successful appeal?

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118754 by John Pearce
What happens after successful appeal? was created by John Pearce
Last week I won my appeal and was moved to the support group.

I presume that the Tribunal sends it's judgement to the DWP and that they will write to me in due course?

My benefit was stopped in November 2013 as I was over the 365 day limit for contribution based ESA and didn't qualify for income related ESA. Will I get backpay of ESA with support element from November?
Also how long is this likely to take as money is short.

Many thanks

John
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118756 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic What happens after successful appeal?
Hi J,
Congratulations on your successful appeal!

The tribunal service will contact DWP with the result and this will sit in someone's 'in tray' waiting to be actioned. When this is done, backpayment of the Support Group element will be paid, at least from November. If you were on WRAG or assessment rate prior to this, you will get the difference between that and the Support group amount too. It is common for it to take 2-3 months for payment to be made, you might be able to speed this up by sending a copy of the tribunal letter to the DWP office dealing with your claim.

You should expect to be reassessed at any interval from 3 months to 3 years - although routine reassessments have been suspended for the time being as ATOS are unable to cope with the workload. Your time in the Support Group will be counted from the date of the decision against which you appealed.

As an aside, I see that your username might be your real name. if you wish to change this, in order to maintain an element of anonymity, you can do it easily by following the advice in this FAQ.

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.