× Members

Recently registered blind.

• holloar
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118775 by holloar
Recently registered blind. was created by holloar
Hi
I hope you can help.
I am currently in receipt of DLA at the lower rates in both categories as I was previously registered Partially sighted.
My condition has deteriorated and I was registered blind on 24/02/2014.
I understand that I should now be entitled to increased rates of benefit but, because of all the horror stories I am hearing about the DWP I am very concerned that if I apply for new benefits I could actually lose out as these will have to be made through the new PIP process.
Perhaps you could offer me some advice / guidance.

Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118778 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Recently registered blind.
Hi H and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this FAQ should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You are correct in saying that any notification of the change in your circumstances would trigger the start of a PIP claim. Our PIP guides should help you with this. It also has a trial self-test to see how you might fare (of course, there is no guarantee that DWP would agree with your self assessment).

Help for PIP claimants

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago #118780 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Recently registered blind.
Comment

This message contains confidential information

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago #118783 by slugsta
Comment

This message contains confidential information

More
10 years 1 month ago #118798 by slugsta
I'm afraid that I was mistaken in my previous advice. :blush:

Only claimants in 'live' PIP areas will trigger PIP claims on reporting a change in circumstances, others will receive DLA forms. This depends on your postcode and details can be found here -

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.