× Members

DLA/PIP?

• lousnan
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118788 by lousnan
DLA/PIP? was created by lousnan
Can someone please advise me, I am currently receiving DLA low rate care and High rate mobility, renewal will be in 2015.
However I have asked for a change of circumstance for the low rate care as I have a lot more difficulty in my daily needs.
I have received a dla pack but am confused as to whether I am applying for dla or pip. I will be 68 years of age in December 2014. It may be just me but it all seems ambiguous. I am very nervous
in case I do something wrong and put my current dla payments in jeopardy but my daughter and son who help me say that my long term health problems mean i need more help.
Thank you in anticipation
lousnan
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Puccalove.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118791 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic DLA/PIP?
If you have been sent a DLA 'looking again at your claim' form then you are indeed claiming DLA.

If the DWP had been following their original timetable it would have been a PIP form. However they have had to keep revising the timetable due to delays.

As a tip you should be aware you are not obliged to fill in both the mobility and the care section. To protect your mobility component, which obviously cannot be increased, I would recommend not filling in that section. Simply put a note something like 'My mobility needs have not changed.' and leave blank.

Be thorough with the care section however and explain all your needs paying particular attention to how they have increased. Medical evidence to confirm this may increase your chance of success. If you have been given a time to send it back by send it in plenty of time otherwise you may end up being sent a PIP form! You should also be aware that your award can be increased, deceased or kept the same.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lousnan

More
10 years 1 month ago #118794 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA/PIP?
Comment

This message contains confidential information

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Puccalove

• lousnan
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago #118801 by lousnan
Replied by lousnan on topic DLA/PIP?
Thank you for your prompt reply. I am late with sending back my 'look again' claim form as i have been ill .
I did ring and explain and ' they' said they only stipulated a time frame for backdating purposes and that if i explained it may be overlooked. There was no mention of a pip form being sent out. The 'left hand not knowing the right' springs to mind

More
10 years 1 month ago #118803 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic DLA/PIP?
I have just been reminded that because of your age you will not be called to claim PIP so do not need to worry about this possibility at all!

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 1 month ago #118812 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic DLA/PIP?
To clarify, PIP started to replace Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for people aged 16 to 64 from 8 April 2013. As you were over 65 on that date, you will remain on DLA, as long as you satisfy the conditions for claiming DLA.

See Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for adults

Hope this helps, and take care.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.