× Members

dla renewal due july sent dla1a not pip i expected

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118837 by Peter
okay folks before I make an ass of myself, just got a renewal letter for DLA and form DLA1A adult January 2014 form. my DLA runs out on the 31st July 2014 I was expecting a pip form I live in sr5 district which is doing PIP if I fill this in how long does one expect an award to be allowed for and is this a way of denying present dla if my health has changed slightly for the worse? then they make me apply for PIP anyhow totally confused not dot com just ill dot com! advice from your superior brains my just gets foggy and I ramble.. :(
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118838 by Gordon
Peter

If you are in an active PIP area then I would have expected you to receive a PIP invitation as well, but if you have been sent a DLA one, then that is what you should fill out.

Your DLA renewal should be treated on its merit and an award made as appropriate.

You will be invited to claim PIP at some future date depending on what your DLA award is this time.

Don't forget to treat this as a new claim for DLA and complete the form in detail and supply any medical evidence that you have, also, make sure it is returned on time, there is no latitude in the return date for the form. Our DLA Claim guides are on the following;

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlaclaims

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118839 by slugsta
I really think that this is down to incompetance rather than conspiracy!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago #118850 by Peter
thanks Gordon have contacted our local welfare office to get assistance as they did the last application, and have a copy of it! its the total confusion re PIP and DLA as they will be doing our area next year I can see the claim for a year only, just an extra burden have been awarded support group for three years so fingers crossed

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.