× Members

sanction

• karon
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #118956 by karon
sanction was created by karon
hi can you give me advise on how you would explain yourself ,,,my sister was sanctioned for not attending the wag group , she had sent in doctors sick notes plus doctors letter then ignored, then sanctioned. they are now saying she has got to explain this to a tribuneral also filling out the form ssc1 ive looked on the site but nothing referances that santion , i just dont want to word it wrong any pointers will be great many thanks karon
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #118960 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic sanction

karon wrote: hi can you give me advise on how you would explain yourself ,,,my sister was sanctioned for not attending the wag group , she had sent in doctors sick notes plus doctors letter then ignored, then sanctioned. they are now saying she has got to explain this to a tribuneral also filling out the form ssc1 ive looked on the site but nothing referances that santion , i just dont want to word it wrong any pointers will be great many thanks karon

The arguments in regard to a sanction fall broadly in to three areas;

1. The sanction was not legal.

Unfortunately nothing you have posted suggest that this is the case, your sister is in the WRAG and there is nothing accepted by the DWP that suggests that she cannot participate in WRA (in the broad sense). The only thing to check is that she received notice to attend the attend the appointment and that the notice was given at least seven days in advance, this will be based on the date of the letter not the date it arrived.

2. The sanction was in error

This would be where the DWP say your sister has not done something and you can show that she did, as this appears to be in regard to her attending an appointment, I doubt this applies.

3. There was Good Cause

Your sister had Good Cause not to attend the appointment on that day, this will be down to you arguing that her conditions prevented her from attending, things that will be looked at will include; did she or you notify the advisor in advance of the meeting that she could not attend, did she see her GP on that day or in connection with that day, an appointment in regard to her attending in a generally is unlikely to be of assistance.

Is there any specific evidence that she could not attend on that date, an obviously extreme example, but she attended A&E on that date.

Do the DWP have reason to believe that she goes out? arguing that she never leaves her home will be a lot easier than if she does go out but only occasionally.

Remember you are putting a case forward for the day of the appointment, not whether she should be in the WRAG in the first place.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris