× Members

PIP experience

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118966 by mariaz18
PIP experience was created by mariaz18
Hi,

Just like to share my mums PIP experience.

Rang to apply for PIP on 22 Nov 2013
PIP 2 forms arrived 4 Dec 2013
Form completed and sent off 18th Dec 2013
ATOS PIP assessment letter arrive 13th Jan 2014
ATOS assessment on 12th Feb 2014
ATOS assessment sent back to DWP 24th Feb 2014
Decision letter dated 17th March 2014
Decision letter received 20th March 2014

Decision: Enhanced Daily living component (18 points) & Enhanced Mobility component (12 points) for 4 years.

I feel the assessment was fair and detailed every thing that she did and said.
She was originally refused DLA last year, but this new PIP gives hope to anyone that is in the same position. I think it is fair and possibly to the claimants benefit that an assessment is carried out to see the extent of your disability.
These assessments are not like the ESA assessments, they are relevant and don't 'trick' you.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law).
The following user(s) said Thank You: lindat, Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law), Seth Laa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118970 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP experience
mariaz18

Thank you posting this and many congratulations on the award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago #118975 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP experience
That's great news, thanks for letting us know :) We don't have many members who have been right through the PIP process yet, so I'm sure people will be interested - and reassured - to hear about your experience.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago #119292 by Seth Laa
Replied by Seth Laa on topic PIP experience
I believe I will be undertaking a DLA to PIP assessment next year which has already got me feeling quite anxious but reading of your mothers experience has made me feel much better, good luck and thanks for your input

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119298 by Bill24chev
Replied by Bill24chev on topic PIP experience
I am currently receiving DLA Care Middle Rate.

Looking at the PIP descriptors I would/should qualify for top rate of PIP care and top rate Mobility.

However My condition as not changed since a DLA appeal last Autumn so I am not sure if I should wait till the DWP call me for a DLA to PIP or preempt it and apply for PIP now.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119300 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP experience

Bill24chev wrote: I am currently receiving DLA Care Middle Rate.

Looking at the PIP descriptors I would/should qualify for top rate of PIP care and top rate Mobility.

However My condition as not changed since a DLA appeal last Autumn so I am not sure if I should wait till the DWP call me for a DLA to PIP or preempt it and apply for PIP now.

This is a decision that only you can make, but I would think very carefully about it before proceeding, there is no return to DLA once a Decision is made on a PIP claim, my experience from the forum is that most claimants significantly over score themselves when they look at the Descriptors.

Gordon

Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.