× Members

PIP medical appt without submitting application

• eve_walsh@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118978 by eve_walsh@hotmail.com
PIP medical appt without submitting application was created by eve_walsh@hotmail.com
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with an odd query. I asked for a PIP application form in August but my health has not been great and other things and hadn't got around to filling it in (previously applied for DLA and was knocked back).

I currently receive ESA and a new form for that had to be submitted in January so when I got an ATOS letter 3 weeks ago with a medical appointment for the following week, I assumed it was for that. It was only on closely reading it that I found it was for a PIP medical. I phoned them up and told them I thought it was wrong and it was for ESA. They assured me it was correct and had my application back in November 2013! After some discussion the lady told me if I was intending to apply then attend the appointment and get the form sent in ASAP. Unfortunately I've been ill again, managed to make it to the appointment but still filling in the form.

To my surprise I got an award letter yesterday giving me the Standard Rate Living Component and Standard Rate Mobility Component.

I'll take the Standard Rate for the Living but I really feel that I should receive the Higher Rate for the Mobility element.

I understand the first thing to do is write and ask them to reconsider. If I do that, can they withdraw my award or will I at least get to keep the current level I am on?

Many thanks
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Puccalove.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118981 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic PIP medical appt without submitting application
If you are considered to be a 'vulnerable' claimant they are supposed to continue to process your claim even if you do not send back the form rather than refusing your claim on a technicality.

To answer your specific question; when you ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration it is possible for the claim to increase, decrease or stay the same.

Obviously if it is not increased you can then appeal. Again at the appeal stage the entitlement can increase, decrease or stay the same.

So there is a small amount of risk involved when asking for a reconsideration. You will want to make sure your current entitlement is clear and have medical evidence to support this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eve_walsh@hotmail.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.