× Members

PIP ASSESSMENTS & ATOS

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119017 by Augustus
PIP ASSESSMENTS & ATOS was created by Augustus
I have recently applied for PIP and have been told I am to be assessed by ATOS.

I have provided a doctor’s letter with my application. I am currently being seen by a hospital physiotherapist, who is quite clear about how my ailments affect my ability to do daily things. I was referred to them by the UCH London Rheumatology Clinic.

However, when I asked whether they could write a report to explain my conditions. hhey said no. They could only respond to a form requesting info – from ATOS.

Am I right to be worried about this? I mean, could ATOS’s forms be skewed in their questions to make refusal of benefit more likely?
Eg: could they ask: “ From your knowledge of this patient, explain what he can do each day.”
This would elicit a vastly different impression from a report explaining what I cannot do.

Could anyone on the panel say whether I am right to be worried? And whether there is anything I can do at this stage? And should I ‘phone ATOS with the details of my physio or clinic doctor

Thank you

A
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Puccalove.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119024 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic PIP ASSESSMENTS & ATOS
I am afraid your physiotherapist has not been entirely honest with you. It is entirely at their discretion whether or not they write you a letter. However more and more medical professionals are refusing to do so due to increasing demand. Also the physio will only be paid if the DWP request the information. One way round this is to offer to pay an admin fee. Unfortunately Atos will not necessarily request information from the physio even if you ask them to. Also any info they request will be very minimal such as simply confirming your diagnosis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.