× Members

Home Visit Medical

• Willow04
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119018 by Willow04
Home Visit Medical was created by Willow04
Hello,

I have received a date for my medical on 7th April. I contacted Atos about having a home visit and she said to get my doctor to fax the reasons why I need a home visit, this being primarily for agoraphobia and panic attacks. I saw my doctor today and he said he would fax them. My concern is that if I had to travel to the medical, which is about an hour away, I would need a tranquilliser, which would make communication quite difficult. Do I need to do anything else, and will this be enough to get a home visit?

Thanks for your help.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119022 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Home Visit Medical

Willow04 wrote: Hello,

I have received a date for my medical on 7th April. I contacted Atos about having a home visit and she said to get my doctor to fax the reasons why I need a home visit, this being primarily for agoraphobia and panic attacks. I saw my doctor today and he said he would fax them. My concern is that if I had to travel to the medical, which is about an hour away, I would need a tranquilliser, which would make communication quite difficult. Do I need to do anything else, and will this be enough to get a home visit?

Thanks for your help.

I am afraid the decision will depend on what your GP has put in the letter and whether ATOS accept it or not, these decisions are not black and white and there is really no way to preempt what ATOS will decide.

If you have already attached evidence to your ESA50 then there is probably nothing else that you can send them unless you can show that there has been a deterioration in your condition since the form was returned and there are medical reports that show this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Willow04

• Willow04
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119027 by Willow04
Replied by Willow04 on topic Home Visit Medical
Thanks Gordon,

I did not send anything originally as my doctor was under the impression they would contact him, which they did not. So he is faxing them today. I guess we shall wait and see. Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119033 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Home Visit Medical

Willow04 wrote: Thanks Gordon,

I did not send anything originally as my doctor was under the impression they would contact him, which they did not. So he is faxing them today. I guess we shall wait and see. Thanks

To anybody reading this topic.

Please do not assume that the DWP will contact your GP or Consultants for medical reports, etc. the simple fact is that in the majority of cases they do not, in fact DWP statistics show that they ask for additional medical information in less than 25% of claims and then most usually in connection with the claimant being placed in the Support Group.

Worse still, where a request is issued, less than 25% of doctors actually respond to that request and that takes no account of those who simply reply with a "yes" or a "no".

You can access your medical records at both your GP Practice and hospital and doing so may provide you with a far richer range of information.

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Puccalove

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.