× Members

PIP

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119049 by lawall19
PIP was created by lawall19
I'm new to this forum, does anyone knows how long roughly it is for pip decision?
In February I was put into the ESA SUPPORT GROUP, but it's taking so long for the DWP to deal with my claim.
I've been waiting since July 2013, is this normal to take so long.
Lisa
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119054 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP
L

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

There appear to be considerable delays in the system at the moment, these seem to be primarily in the areas of booking an assessment, actually holding it and finally in the production of the report and sending it to the DWP. The delays have eased slightly in the last month but they are not even close to catching up yet.

Unfortunately there is little that claimants can do to speed up the process, even involving your MP is unlikely to make much difference as the problems appear to be the result of a serious under resourcing by both PIP assessment companies' ATOS and Capita.

All you can do is to contact the assessor for your claim, there should be a contact number on the letter that accompanied the PIP2 form, to find out how far your claim has progressed, I assume that this is a new claim, in which case you should expect to require a face to face assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119063 by lawall19
Replied by lawall19 on topic PIP
Thank you for your advice.
I was due to have a face to face with atos in February.
I've had multiple sclerosis for 16 years and not been on DLA before
I have a wheelchair to get around on.
My psychiatrist wrote a letter to Atos and they no longer need to see me.
Do you know if it's Atos that's doing the face to face? Because where I am it's on second floor.
Lisa
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119065 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP

Lawall19 wrote: Thank you for your advice.
I was due to have a face to face with atos in February.
I've had multiple sclerosis for 16 years and not been on DLA before
I have a wheelchair to get around on.
My psychiatrist wrote a letter to Atos and they no longer need to see me.
Do you know if it's Atos that's doing the face to face? Because where I am it's on second floor.
Lisa

The map on the following link shows which areas are covered by which assessor company

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris