× Members

ESA Premium - Backdated?

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119094 by shamrockqueen
ESA Premium - Backdated? was created by shamrockqueen
Hi

Does anyone know how far back i can ask for my esa enhanced disability premium to be backdated? I have been claiming dla higher rate care & mobility since 2008. I have only just been awarded the esa premium( they have backdated it from 31 dec 2013).

Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119100 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Premium - Backdated?

shamrockqueen wrote: Hi

Does anyone know how far back i can ask for my esa enhanced disability premium to be backdated? I have been claiming dla higher rate care & mobility since 2008. I have only just been awarded the esa premium( they have backdated it from 31 dec 2013).

Thanks in advance.

There is no limit to the back dating of a Premium, providing that the claimant was receiving or was eligible to receive an Income Related benefit such as Income Support or ESA(IR).

You don't say how long you have been receiving ESA(IR) and what benefit, if any, that you were receiving before that, without that information it is impossible to say whether payments should be made prior to December 2013.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119102 by shamrockqueen
Replied by shamrockqueen on topic ESA Premium - Backdated?
hi

I receive esa contribution based benefit. Because i receive dla at high rates for care and mobility they have awarded me the enhance disability premium. whether this is a esa ir top up i dont know.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119104 by shamrockqueen
Replied by shamrockqueen on topic ESA Premium - Backdated?
hi

Sorry - meant to say also been on esa contribution based for 2 years - previously was on incapacity benefit.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119105 by Gordon

shamrockqueen wrote: hi

I receive esa contribution based benefit. Because i receive dla at high rates for care and mobility they have awarded me the enhance disability premium. whether this is a esa ir top up i dont know.

If you were receiving ESA(CB) then the only way that you would receive the Premium would be via an ESA(IR) top-up.

If you were in receipt of ESA(CB) prior to 31 December 2013 and you circumstances are as they are now e.g. household income, assets and savings and any hours that a partner works, then I would expect you to have been eligible for the payment of the Premium via an ESA(IR) top-up.

This being the case then you need to contact the DWP about this, I would recommend you write to them rather than contacting the call centre, who are unlikely to be able to help, the addres should be on the letter informing you that you would be paid the Premium.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago #119107 by Gordon

shamrockqueen wrote: hi

Sorry - meant to say also been on esa contribution based for 2 years - previously was on incapacity benefit.

As per my latest post, in principle you would have been entitled from when you were transferred to ESA, but as far as I am aware, not while you were in receipt of IB.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.