× Members

ESA Premium - Backdated?

More
10 years 6 days ago #121045 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic ESA Premium - Backdated?
I am on high rate DLA in both care & mobility & have been since 2006 ( DLA care & mobility medium rate from 1999 -2006) IB since 1999 & ESA SG since 2011.
My understanding is that EDP is only payable if you are on an IS addition to your IB or now IR ESA or in some cases ESA SG CB with a top up of IR.
Being in receipt of DLA HR care/mobility does not automatically provide you with EDP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 days ago #121049 by shamrockqueen
Replied by shamrockqueen on topic ESA Premium - Backdated?
Okay thanks pusscatsmum & gordon. I posted back to dwp on 28 march a letter enquiring about backdating of premium & on friday i phoned chasing this letter. Apparently they are putting a trace on it at their processing dept as no info was on their screen regarding this. They don't rush themselves!

More
10 years 6 days ago #121050 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Premium - Backdated?

shamrockqueen wrote: Okay thanks pusscatsmum & gordon. I posted back to dwp on 28 march a letter enquiring about backdating of premium & on friday i phoned chasing this letter. Apparently they are putting a trace on it at their processing dept as no info was on their screen regarding this. They don't rush themselves!

Their very quick to cancel payments but not nearly as fast to start them.

Do you have bank statements, etc. dating back to 2011 and even further? Even if they agree that backdating could be made to these dates, it can only actually be made if you can show that you met the eligibility criteria for ESA(IR) or IS.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 5 days ago #121079 by shamrockqueen
Replied by shamrockqueen on topic ESA Premium - Backdated?
Just spoke to DWP - They cannot find my returned is10 form or my letter regarding backdating!! So angry!! What is the best way to send it to them by post - to make sure they get it!??

Will someone sign for it if i sent it recorded delivery? Surely, the size of the benefits centre - no one will sign for it?

More
10 years 5 days ago #121085 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic ESA Premium - Backdated?
If you send it recorded delivery someone will have to sign for it. But this does not mean it won't get lost in the department. However it does mean they can't blame they royal mail, which they are fond of doing.

More
10 years 5 days ago #121100 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic ESA Premium - Backdated?
Whatever you do, make sure you photo copy everything you send them and keep the original letter with photo copies on file for future reference along with a dateline of all phone call correspondence and to whom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shamrockqueen

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris