× Members

ESA

• Miss
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119132 by Miss
ESA was created by Miss
Scored 0 points at Atos medical Jan 2012, ESA Wrag removed March 2013, appealed and went to Tribunal 17 March 2014. Appeal upheld and placed in Wrag for Tribunal recommendation Dept does not reassess within 24 months. Have continued repaying an overpayment arrangement on the basic £71 leaving me with £114 a fortnight to live on. Have got myself into debt including utility and Council Tax plus private lenders. Been told today will not receive any of the backdated as it's so much and will offset against the debt. I've already met the agreed amount during this period - been told to seek CAB advice - if medical had been carried out properly I would still have the extra and repaying the debt - how does this seem fair?
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119135 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA
Miss

I would agree that it is not fair, but it may be legal.

You need to get advice from a trained advisor, the CAB have these in most offices, but they can be hard to actually get an appointment with, try doing an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.