× Members

How long is too long with PIP ?

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119152 by lisag1
How long is too long with PIP ? was created by lisag1
I applied for PIP on the 14th June 2013, I had my medical on August the 16th 2013 and I am still waiting for a decision, I have phoned so many times now it feels farcical. I am told I am still being assessed. DWP have said they are appalled at how long I have been waiting, PIP said put a formal complaint in about Capita, and Capita just say were sorry but we did not estimate how many people would apply for PIP. I have a spinal injury, it is not going to get better, I will not heal, surgery has been ruled out and sadly my future prospects are more pain and lessening mobility as I get older. I don't know how much assessing is needed since my MRI's clearly show the nerve and spinal damage that affects every part of my life. How long is too long to wait ??
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119157 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic How long is too long with PIP ?
Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this FAQ should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm afraid that there is a huge backlog of PIP claimants, your story is not uncommon. The only thing we can suggest is to contact your MP, sometimes it is possible for them to speed the process along a bit.

Contacting your MP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.