× Members

When am I likely to get Application Forms?

• Trevort
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119199 by Trevort
Good Evening all,

My Wife has been claiming DLA for many years and as she is relatively young :P gets awarded it for two or three years at a time and then has to reapply.

Obviously with all the changes, when is she likely to receive the renewal application forms for her claim which naturally ends in Sept 2014.

Also, with all the problems with delays, if she does not get a decision before her current benefit ends will she be able to keep her car until that decision comes through ?

Any thoughts gratefully received. We intend to utilise all the very useful advice on this website to take us through the application process for PIP if that is what she is invited to apply for.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119201 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic When am I likely to get Application Forms?
Trevor

Whether it is a renewal for DLA or an invitation to claim PIP will depend on whether your postcode is in an active PIP are, if it is then it will likely be PIP, if not then probably DLA.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

There is a guide to claiming PIP in the Members area

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trevort

• crommy
10 years 1 month ago #119202 by crommy
Replied by crommy on topic When am I likely to get Application Forms?
my dla was up for renewal in august and last week i got a new pack to claim dla again.so i presume you will have another months wait.good luck

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119205 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic When am I likely to get Application Forms?
Trevor

Just to add, the DLA will remain in Payment until four weeks after any Decision on a PIP claim is made, providing that you meet the basic requirements for claiming PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

• Trevort
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago #119209 by Trevort
Replied by Trevort on topic When am I likely to get Application Forms?

Gordon wrote: Trevor

Just to add, the DLA will remain in Payment until four weeks after any Decision on a PIP claim is made, providing that you meet the basic requirements for claiming PIP.

Gordon

I presume then Crommy you are outside the areas stipulated on the Postcode map. We are in North Warwickshire so according to the map my wifes renewal pack will be for PIP :ohmy:

More
10 years 1 month ago #119212 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic When am I likely to get Application Forms?
Trevor,
Some areas are behind schedule and are not yet sending out PIP forms, even though the postcodes suggest that they should be doing so. I'm afraid that only time will tell!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.