× Members

Renewal of ESA postponed?

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119228 by Astrid03
Renewal of ESA postponed? was created by Astrid03
In the Benefits and Work newsletter from the 26th February, it said that all current ESA claimants wouldn't have to undergo a re-assessment of their benefit until a replacement for ATOS has been found. Now that ATOS have confirmed they are stepping out of the contract early, and it is likely to be early next year before a replacement is found, is it still true that current claimants don't have to worry about re-assessment this year?

My claim runs out in August so I'd have to fill in the forms before that. I'm very keen to know if this won't be a problem for me after all, at least until next year?

Thanks, any help much appreciated.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119234 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Renewal of ESA postponed?

Astrid03 wrote: In the Benefits and Work newsletter from the 26th February, it said that all current ESA claimants wouldn't have to undergo a re-assessment of their benefit until a replacement for ATOS has been found. Now that ATOS have confirmed they are stepping out of the contract early, and it is likely to be early next year before a replacement is found, is it still true that current claimants don't have to worry about re-assessment this year?

My claim runs out in August so I'd have to fill in the forms before that. I'm very keen to know if this won't be a problem for me after all, at least until next year?

Thanks, any help much appreciated.

I don't think that today's news will have any effect on how the DWP are managing re-assessments at the moment, whether they will assess claimants will still be looked at on a month by month basis.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119249 by Astrid03
Replied by Astrid03 on topic Renewal of ESA postponed?
Thanks for the reply. Does that mean the 1-2 year reprieve talked about in the Benefits and Work newsletter is no longer likely?
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119253 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Renewal of ESA postponed?

Astrid03 wrote: Thanks for the reply. Does that mean the 1-2 year reprieve talked about in the Benefits and Work newsletter is no longer likely?

No, just that the decision to apply it is being made on a month by month basis.

It is likely for the next couple of months that it will be applied in full, after that it may only be applied in part, this is all down to DWP operational procedure, there have been no changes to the legislation relevant to ESA, so the information related to this is not normally in the public domain and we are reliant on further Freedom of Information requests for updates.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Astrid03

More
10 years 1 month ago #119258 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic Renewal of ESA postponed?
ATOS themselves have stated that there will be no more further reassessments until further notice: ATOS

More
10 years 1 month ago #119260 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic Renewal of ESA postponed?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.