× Members

Pip form and ESA queries

• pauline mcgrath
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119244 by pauline mcgrath
Pip form and ESA queries was created by pauline mcgrath
Hello can anyone please help. I'm 55 year old woman, up until 1992 had a relatively il free life until I was struck down with fibromyalgia.,after struggling with the condition for 5 years working full time and long hours I found a medication that helped me carry on working even though most of the time I was exhausted and in pain.
In 2008 the hydraulics on my boot on my estate car failed and the whole weight of the tail get fell full force on my head leaving me with excruciating pain in neck back and arms,I eventually had a double discectomy to replace damaged discs in my neck and a Steele plate to fuse them together.
After 12 weeks I returned to work but found I couldn't do my job any longer so was made redundant.
I went to job centre and was placed on what I thought was ESA support group for 2 years,I never was asked to look for work,but after the2 years were up I was told they weren't going to pay me anymore and eventually was told I was in contribution based ESA. I appealed but was tuned down.i the applied for DLA and was awarded it until/014 I G&T high rte mobility and middle rate care. Now I have to go onto PIP and have the form to fill in.
I'm really worried about this as if this is taken away from me I shall have no income to contribute towards household bills etc.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119269 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip form and ESA queries
P

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I assume your ESA was time limited due to the 365 day rule, have you checked to see whether you would be eligible for Income Related ESA payments?

Income Related ESA, is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Whilst similar in many areas, the assessment criteria for PIP are different from those for DLA, so it is impossible to say with any certainty whether a DLA claimant will receive a similar, reduced or increased award when moved to PIP.

I would recommend that you have a look at our PIP Claim guide and if you have any specific questions, then please come back to the forum by replying to this post.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pauline mcgrath

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.