× Members

Atos medical assessment

• steve northbridge
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119257 by steve northbridge
Atos medical assessment was created by steve northbridge
Hi everyone.
I have had a letter from Atos for a ESA medical assessment. It is April 14th. Since my last assessment (Jan 2013) they decided I should be in WRAG. My work provider (A4E) says I should be in support group. I was also awarded in Nov 2013 DLA (high rate mobility and middle rate care). The DLA doctor assessed me in my home. The outcome from DLA is I am unable to walk without considerable pain. My question is what do I need to take to medical ie letter from work provider and proof of DLA medical. I can get around on mobility scooter. The occupational therapist has looked at my situation and had an extra stair rail put on stairs, a frame round toilet, a seat in the shower, a grab rail at top of stairs, a rail on side of bed and a grab rail outside back door. I will report this at Atos medical. Will I get in support group.
Anyones opinion most welcome please..
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119267 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Atos medical assessment
Hello and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, you should find this FAQ helpful.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I am surprised that you have been asked to attend a face2face appointment without having filled in another ESA50 form. This is rare, but does happen sometimes if such a form was sent out but not returned and the claimant is considered particularly vulnerable as a result of severe mental health problems.

In order to Qualify for the Support Group you must meet at least one of the Support Group descriptors. work program providers rarely understand these and a letter saying 'Mr X should be in the support Group' will be pretty useless. what would help is evidence showing how and why you meet any of those Support Group descriptors.

Qualifying for the Support Group

In your position I would probably phine DWP/ATOS and ask why I had been given an appointment without filling in an ESA50. However, you should still attend the assessment unless you have written advice that you do nopt need to do so. You should send a copy of your evidence to DWP and ATOS as well as taking a copy with you to the appointment and asking the assesser to read it before starting the assessment.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

As a side issue, I see that your username might be your real name. If you wish to change it, in order to maintain a degree of anonymity, you can do so by following the advice in this FAQ.

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The forum is now closed for new posts until 8pm this evening. If you have any further questions please come back and ask them in this topic/thread as it really helps us if everything is kept in one place. You will find it more easily in future if you bookmark it, or make it a favourite, on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.