× Members

Esa 1 form received

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119286 by Jacquiki
Esa 1 form received was created by Jacquiki
I started my claim for esa cb in jan 2013. Payments stopped in jan 2014 due to 365 day rule. I was only receiving assessment rate and was in queue for atos assessment. Call received from atos on 14 th march to say that due to medical evidence I was not going to have face to face and I would be placed in sg (fantastic I thought). Today I have been sent esa 1 form with claim date of 24.3.14 to complete which has totally confused me. Spoke to dwp who told me to change date to jan 2014 when payments stopped. My question at last is do I need to complete this form as surely my claim is ongoing and not a new one. I assumed dwp would just calculate money owed and restart the benefit payments.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119287 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa 1 form received
J

Congratulations on the award.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

As you have been placed in the Support Group your ESA(CB) payments have been re-instated from the day that they stopped paying you, unfortunately, in the interim they have closed your claim for ESA on the DWP computer system, so they need you to complete an ESA1 so that they can rebuild it from scratch.

In addition to changing the date on the ESA1 I would also mark the form with something along the lines of "re-activation of claim after being placed in Support Group".

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: libran1962

More
10 years 1 month ago #119288 by Jacquiki
Replied by Jacquiki on topic Esa 1 form received
Gordon
Thanks for replying so promptly. I will note that comment on the front of the form and also amend my name.with the help of the guide.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.