× Members

ESA WRAG follow interview after 18 months

• Claude Coopersmith
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119289 by Claude Coopersmith
ESA WRAG follow interview after 18 months was created by Claude Coopersmith
I help my Aspergers Nephew with is Benefits as I am only adult family in UK
Awarded ESA WRAG April last year with review set for August 2014
Does recent news on ATOS withdrawal from WCA mean this review date will now be postponed.
Or is this conducted by DWP staff instead?

Will we need another letter from his GP re confirming his diagnosis and prognosis of condition?

Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119290 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA WRAG follow interview after 18 months
C

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

ATOS are not withdrawing from the ESA contract until the beginning of next year so at the moment it is business as usual, however, business as usual means that there are considerable delays in the ESA system, so the DWP announced last month that they were suspending re-assessments for the moment.

At this time it is impossible to say what will be happening in August, the DWP are reviewing re-assessments on a month by month basis, if the current back log reduces then it is quite possible that re-assessments will be restarted, at least in part, if it is not then it is likely that they will remain suspended.

All I can suggest is for you to check the forum on a regular basis to see if the situation has changed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.