× Members

Process for a positive change of circumstances

• bro58
10 years 1 week ago #120736 by bro58
Hi D,

If you have retained a copy of the letter reporting the C of C, and have proof that it was posted and delivered to The DWP, then as MHB says, the ball is in their court.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #120737 by Doris

Mrs Hurtyback wrote: I think the ball's in their court now Doris.

That is what concerns me. On a practical level, my claim would just carry on building up DLA money which could arguably be deemed savings.

Perhaps I would be placing myself at risk for claiming DLA whilst not having the medical condition to qualify - all of which is a dangerous situation to be in, in this current climate of benefit bashing.

Can I not request a supersession or to be invited to claim PIP ?
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by bro58.

• bro58
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #120748 by bro58

Doris wrote:

Mrs Hurtyback wrote: I think the ball's in their court now Doris.

That is what concerns me. On a practical level, my claim would just carry on building up DLA money which could arguably be deemed savings.

Perhaps I would be placing myself at risk for claiming DLA whilst not having the medical condition to qualify - all of which is a dangerous situation to be in, in this current climate of benefit bashing.

Can I not request a supersession or to be invited to claim PIP ?

Hi D,

If you have really thought about this, as previously advised, you could either resend the letter reporting the C of C, in which case from what you say you would be re-assessed under the PIP criteria.

Or, if you did not wish to claim PIP, you could report the C of C informing them that you do not wish to claim PIP.

It is up to you.

You could give them a ring in the meantime to confirm that they have received your C of C letter and have entered it on to your file.

bro58

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #120753 by Doris

bro58 wrote:
Hi D,

If you have really thought about this, as previously advised, you could either resend the letter reporting the C of C, in which case from what you say you would be re-assessed under the PIP criteria.

Or, if you did not wish to claim PIP, you could report the C of C informing them that you do not wish to claim PIP.

It is up to you.

You could give them a ring in the meantime to confirm that they have received your C of C letter and have entered it on to your file.

bro58

Hi Bro58

I gave the decision a lot of careful thought, and it was the right one to make. Since the letter I have come on leaps and bounds, partly due to new medication that my GP said the PCT previously would not pay for, and the result of two new forms of combined treatment.

I posted the letter by recorded delivery which shows up signed for and delivered. I don't know if I would be entitled to any PIP as I know very little about it. It may be that I may be entitled to some of the lower elements. My instinct is to write once more with a copy of my first letter, and if I get no reply after another month to send both letters to my MP.

Yes it does seem strange going to your MP to come of a benefit, but I have a chance to start a new life and I'll be unable to do that with this situation on my mind.

• bro58
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #120754 by bro58

Doris wrote:

bro58 wrote:
Hi D,

It is up to you.

bro58

Hi Bro58

I gave the decision a lot of careful thought, and it was the right one to make. Since the letter I have come on leaps and bounds, partly due to new medication that my GP said the PCT previously would not pay for, and the result of two new forms of combined treatment.

I posted the letter by recorded delivery which shows up signed for and delivered. I don't know if I would be entitled to any PIP as I know very little about it. It may be that I may be entitled to some of the lower elements. My instinct is to write once more with a copy of my first letter, and if I get no reply after another month to send both letters to my MP.

Yes it does seem strange going to your MP to come of a benefit, but I have a chance to start a new life and I'll be unable to do that with this situation on my mind.

Hi D,

I wish you all the best with whatever you decide to do.

Please keep us updated !! :)

Information on PIP can be found on the links below :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

PIP Self Test

PIP Topic Thread in Spotlight Area

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.