× Members

WRAG to Support Group (SG)

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119454 by Mr Kim Catherall
WRAG to Support Group (SG) was created by Mr Kim Catherall
My GP has indicated that he will write a supporting letter regarding transferring from the WRAG to the SG.
Is there a particular type of letter format for my GP to use?
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119457 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WRAG to Support Group (SG)
K

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

To be placed in the Support Group you will need to show that you meet one of the SG criteria

Qualifying for the Support Group

So anything that your GP writes needs to be supportive of each of the Descriptors that you believe that you meet and also explain why you meet it.

You could supply your GP with a list of all of the SG Descriptors and ask them to tick which they feel are appropriate and then explain why.

Be careful of leading your GP too much because if their letter is seen as having been prompted by you, it can be dismissed.

You don't say whether this is for an appeal, re-assessment or because your condition has deteriorated. If the first two, then you should try and provide medical evidence to support your claim, if the latter then you must supply medical evidence and this evidence must post date your last assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago #119463 by Mr Kim Catherall
Replied by Mr Kim Catherall on topic WRAG to Support Group (SG)
It is because my condition has deteriated.
My ESA finished on March 25th, but, I wrote to the DWP on 221st Feb stating as such.
I've been told that I'm waiting for a re-assessment.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119464 by Mr Kim Catherall
ps - I do not meet any of the SG descriptors. My gp will be using the Sect 35 rule.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119469 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WRAG to Support Group (SG)
K

It is important that your GP understands what Regulation 35 states, for example it is not about work but Work Related Activity, so includes your attending WFIs at one extreme and writing a CV at the other.

As I posted earlier, you will need to provide medical evidence that show the deterioration and that it has occurred since you were last assessed, the burden of proof lies wholely with you, the DWP are under no obligation to contact your GP or anybody else that provide you with support.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr Kim Catherall

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119517 by Mr Kim Catherall
Does Work Related Activity include work placements?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.