× Members

WRAG to Support Group (SG)

More
10 years 1 month ago #119519 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WRAG to Support Group (SG)

Mr Kim Catherall wrote: Does Work Related Activity include work placements?

Sort of :) these are strictly speaking for JSA only.

You can only be asked to do voluntary work, most times this will be with a charity but the Government have created a situation where it could be with a private company where what the claimant is doing is for the public good.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119543 by Mr Kim Catherall
Replied by Mr Kim Catherall on topic WRAG to Support Group (SG)
Ok, but as it stands, I've finished my 12months of ESA, have more than enough NI contributions and have Ltd Capability for Work (tribunal decision).

Also the appointed training provider never contacted me to explain the options of the Work Training Programme before my ESA entitlement expired. In other words I'm still waiting.

Does that mean I'm still stuck in the WRAG and my only option, as advised by the Welfare Rights Advisor, is a letter from my GP using the Reg 35?

More
10 years 1 month ago #119552 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WRAG to Support Group (SG)

Mr Kim Catherall wrote: Ok, but as it stands, I've finished my 12months of ESA, have more than enough NI contributions and have Ltd Capability for Work (tribunal decision).

Also the appointed training provider never contacted me to explain the options of the Work Training Programme before my ESA entitlement expired. In other words I'm still waiting.

Does that mean I'm still stuck in the WRAG and my only option, as advised by the Welfare Rights Advisor, is a letter from my GP using the Reg 35?

If you are only receiving NI Credits then you are not required to partake in Work Related Activity.

The only way that payments can be re-instated, if you are not eligible for Income Related ESA, is for you to qualify for the Support Group, this can be on any of the Descriptors, not just Regulation 35, however, it must be as the result of a deterioration in your condition which must be supported by medical evidence.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr Kim Catherall

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.